Wednesday, February 1, 2017

It's a lot about what your not doing.

How to save money by not doing stuff.
 I just came home from the grocery store after attending a yoga class and sat down with some chicken salad, tea and crackers for lunch.
Here is what I didn't do.

1. I didn't pay for the yoga class because I bartered with my friend who is a yoga teacher for yoga classes for a certain amount of pay when she subs mine, or we will just trade out on subbing. 
2. I didn't call a friend to go out to lunch. I didn't have a fancy lunch or a fancy breakfast. 
3. This morning I didn't go through a drive through and get breakfast. I simply used what I had to make a rather filling shake of oatmeal, soymilk, flax meal, frozen bananas. 
4. We didn't buy the camper my honey called about and wanted. We did have a little talk about our priorities (he understood). We also had a talk about borrowing his Dad's camper since I haven't seen it move in 5 years. 
5. Today I won't go to the expensive gym but I will walk outside for 20 minutes. 
6. Tonight  I won't go out for dinner today but I will make a big salad with the groceries I purchased from the store. (We do go out but not as much anymore).
7. Today I won't go shopping for clothes or anything else I don't need. I will go to my closet and put together 10 outfits tonight so I can easily find something to wear. 
8. I won't go buy any new decorations for my house but I will clean my house when I get home.
9. I won't go and pay for new music but I will use the Prime account I have to listen to some "Bread" or "70's" hits on my Alexa Dot that was a gift from a friend while cleaning with some awesome twinkle lights leftover from Christmas and some cheap candles I have accumulated. 
10. We won't go out to do anything extra curricular (though we do sometimes but not often) but we will watch NetFlix or Amazon Prime (we use that membership well) and we won't pay for cable. Last night we ate a cheap dinner at a local cafe and went to the Tuesday night deal of a movie for two with popcorn and a drink for $13.21. 

It is often the daily choices we make that save us money. It is not so much the big stuff. 
When making choices in life it helps to know what your priorities are and your purpose and align your choices with that purpose (more to come on that). 

Love and Light,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment