Monday, January 8, 2018

Simple Wedding with No Arts and Crafts Required!

Our wedding was beautiful and simple and I wouldn't change a thing.
Cowboy and I were engaged over five years ago. Cowboy wanted a big wedding and he had all kinds of grand ideas that included horses and lots of people and bands and it went on and on. Me I was like "can we run to the JP ?". I don't like all the big wedding stuff and attention and the planning, ugh. The planning makes me crazy. It seems like such a waste of time and energy and mostly money. The point is that two people who love each other want to commit right? I know I sound like the Grinch who stole the Wedding but this is my third wedding. Once for less than a year (I was 18 don't judge), then for twenty years. I've been with Cowboy six years and finally agreed to get hitched but there was one thing "No big wedding!".
So finally after 3 to 4 attempts he said "Ok Honey". Good Lawd he is harder to train that a  wild Mustang Horse!
So I'm frugal but not cheap. We could have spent the money on a wedding but why? I would rather have a new driveway. Ever the romantic that I am.
So here is how we did it. And by the way I am writhing this for all you folks out there that want simple and do not want to do arts and crafts. Why is that always a theme when you look up simple weddings????


Simple Wedding Cowboy /  Hippie Simple Mamma Style:

1. Jim wore his normal "Fancy" attire, this meaning funeral, wedding, going out to a nice dinner, going to church, or going out on a Friday night. Starched Wranglers, starched shirt, big ass belt buckle, and he cleaned his boots just for me. He did add a tie and a jacket since it was an "extra special day". Cost $0
2. I wore my friend Erin's former brides maids dress.  I borrowed a shawl and earrings from mom and slipped on a pair of matching sandals I have owned for at least seven years. See pic. Cost $0
3. My mom wanted to do the flowers so she did my mantle, the bouquet for me and my bonus granddaughters bouquet and the centerpiece. She tied ribbons on our gate and two places on the road. It was beautiful. All I wanted was baby's breath but she wasn't having me just havin' fillers! So I said "Ok antique pink roses". I think it was about $250 for flowers.
4. Rings: We went to look at rings and I just couldn't find anything I liked and my engagement ring has a middle and two sides and maybe is a little fancy for an engagement ring, it can serve as a wedding ring. So no cost there as it was purchased a long time ago. I decided I don't need more to keep up with. Jim chose a Titanium band as it looked best. The budget was $600 but we only spent $139.
5. The invitations. I chose to send out an email (I know, I know Emily Post just turned over in her grave) to my family and close friends and said "This is what I am doing and if you would like to come we would love to have you. We chose to only have 40 guest ,mostly family and a few close friends.
6. We did no tables, just chairs, and there are tables and what not around our house. I borrowed 26 chairs from a friend and used what we had to set up a church like pew scene in our living room.
7. It was New Years Day so I made black eyed peas, cornbread from Cracker Barrel then I cooked three low sugar desserts (Jim and I eat healthy). I bought 48 cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla with whipped icing and we served them on a tiered tray (mom brought her husband and wife from her last cake and sat it on top). My friend and family brought a side dish instead of a present (if they wished to, I left this optional). Booze was two "Nice" boxes of wine, a six pack of Miller Lite and a bunch of flavored and plain waters in a bucket of ice. We also borrowed ice buckets for drinks and ice. We served the food on fancy paper plates, clear silver wear (plastic) and fancy plastic wine glasses.
8. I asked friends who would like to participate to please take pics and share. I promptly downloaded them and used the free pic app on my phone to order 25  for $3.99.
9. Music, My friend Rena brought her Bose speaker and played two songs. "Your Love Amazes Me" by John Berry for Jim and Gracie to walk out to then "A Thousand Years" for me to walk out to.
10. Jim's boss, Judge Cassady married us. It was beautiful and the vows were simple. Fairly standard with a bible verse.
11. My mom also borrowed some lanterns from a friend and brought electric candles ( I bought a bookoo of cheap batteries).
12. I did my hair and makeup and my friend did some ringlets right before the wedding. I even shaved my legs to the top and put on lotion!

All in all I can't say how much the wedding cost but all total I would say about $1000 to $1200 and it was amazing.
After the wedding I changed into boots, a sweater and leggings.

I would do it exactly the same if I had to do it over again!

Love and Light,
Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment